Reveal the essence of being a teacher
Kundalini Yoga is the yoga of awareness. If you hear the calling of your awakening awareness to go on a journey from which you will return with the ability to share your medicine with the world; this course offers you such a journey. We live in times when this technology and these teachings are very effective tools for healing and elevation. Allow yourself to apply it as a practitioner, and to master it as a teacher.
This course will qualify you to become a professional, international Kundalini Yoga teacher. It will give you the theory and the experience needed to be able to share this spiritual technology wherever you are. It will support you in becoming the teacher you are meant to be.
This training is for you
This training is offered to you as a retreat, away from your daily lives. It allows you to dive deeper into the teachings of Kundalini Yoga and to experience a yogic lifestyle. This is a touching healing journey which supports a profound shift of habits and perspectives of the world and of yourself. The dedicated team and the wonderful location will allow you to immerse yourself into this empowering, transformational, life changing process.
This level 1 training is for anyone; with a long history of yoga practice or very little experience, at any age (over 18), any phase of life, any profession, location, or situation.
Become a professional certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- Expand your toolkit as a Coach/ Therapist/ Healer
- Deepen your experience and understanding of Kundalini Yoga
- Bring Kundalini Yoga to your daily life and to your environment
- Spend quality time with a devoted group of people
Dates & Times
Week 1 September 28th [Fri] – October 3rd [Wed] 2018
Week 2 November 23rd [Fri] – November 29th [Thur] 2018
Week 3 February 1st [Fri] – February 6th [Wed] 2019
Week 4 April 19th [Fri] – April 24th [Wed] 2019
Every week starts with a joint dinner at 6 PM and we will end the week around 6 PM
Trainers & Support team
This training involves a deep transformational process. You will receive the guidance of the trainers and support of the team. Together with the group energy, it will allow an authentic learning experience to occur.
Simrit is an independent Kundalini Yoga trainer (Level 1 and 2). Simrit has been a major contributor to bringing Kundalini Yoga to the Middle East. She is the first Israeli Lead Trainer and lives the life of a “Kundalini Pilgrim” – teaching and traveling in Israel and in Europe. She teaches with a huge respect to the origin and with much love to originality. Simrit Kaur is a living example of someone who is fully committed and dedicated to service. She is a teacher, a leader, and holds a yogic integrity on all levels. She is a loving, caring and compassionate teacher with an amazing capacity to direct, guide and uplift others. Check the short introduction video of Simrit Kaur on Facebook here.
Marieke de Lange / Atma Shant Kaur
Support team & Mentor
Marieke, co-founder of Kundalini Yoga School will be assisting and supporting throughout the training. After practicing Hatha Yoga for 10 years Marieke switched to Kundalini in 2011 and she is teaching on a daily basis ever since. Teaching Kundalini Yoga is the love of her life and she is passionate about sharing this sacred technology to inspire people on their spiritual journey.
Tim Schipper / Mohandayal Singh
Support team & Mentor
Tim, co-founder of the Online Kundalini Yoga School integrates the teachings of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan with Psychology. His entrepreneural spirit loves sharing the yogic-teachings in a contempary way, guiding people to establish themselves in their hearts, towards a life filled with compassion and kindness.
After almost a decade of teaching yoga she moved on to the academic study of yoga. She completed the MA in Traditions of Yoga and Meditation and is now pursuing a PhD in the Department of Religions and Philosophies. Karen is currently doing a research project on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Karen has authored the online audio-course ‘The Philosophy of the Yogasutras’ for wisestudies.com.
Het Lichthuis (the House of Light), is located in a former church and adjoining parsonage house in Zandvoort aan Zee. Just 5 minutes away from the beach, a magnificent nature reserve and the train station. We stay in charming and comfortable apartments on sharing base. Each apartment has its own facilities, and direct access to the surrounding garden. See for more details: www.hetlichthuis.nl
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master it, teach it!” — Yogi Bhajan
- History of Yoga
- Yogic Philosophy
- Yogic anatomy and the chakra system
- Spiritual development
- Choices of habits and yogic life style
- Sadhana – commitment to a daily practice
The Teaching Lab
- Transition from student to teacher
- Understand the role of the teacher:
– roles and responsibilities
– the code of ethics
– experience teaching in The Teaching Lab
- The 10 spiritual bodies
- Basic yogic Numerology
Navigate realms of the mind
- Prana and Pranayam
- Sound and Mantra
- Mind and Meditation
- Kriya Analysis – learn how to read Kriyas
Learn How to Learn
- Humanology – applied psychology of the human being:
– Conscious Communication
– Life Cycles
– Death and Dying
Certification & Requirements
This training is certified by KRI – Kundalini Research Institute (USA) and recognized by Yoga Alliance (USA). Upon successful completion of the training you receive the “International Kundalini Yoga Level 1 – Instructor” certificate which qualifies you as a teacher for registration as member of the local Dutch Kundalini Yoga Teachers association (Kundalini Yoga Nederland – KYN) and the International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association (IKYTA), which include internet listings and other professional benefits.
- Attendance and participation in all modules (absence of more than 20% may result in a student completing the course by attendance at a future Teacher Training program , but not longer than 2 years)
- Timely payment of all course fees
- Satisfactory teaching practice assessment
- Passing grade on the KRI written exam
- Attend 20 KY classes outside the course taught by an KRI certified instructor.
- Creation of 2 yoga class series or 2 retreats curricula
- Attendance at a one day White Tantric Yoga Meditation Course (if offered locally)
- Participation in a minimum of 5 full early morning Aquarian Sadhana
- Completion of at least one assigned: 40-days kriya/meditation
- Submission of all course work up to 40 days after the end of the training.
- Course and trainer evaluation feedback
- Upholding the teachers code of conduct
From €3300 (incl. 21% VAT) which includes: course fee, registration deposit €500, retreat house, vegan meals, certification fee. Excluding approximately €100 for Aquarian Teacher Textbook and Manual.
- €3300 incl 21% VAT (Early bird – paid before May 31st 2018)
- €3500 incl 21% VAT (Normal – paid before September 28th 2018)
- €3650 incl. 21% VAT (4 Installments – paid before the end of December 31st 2018)
*Opening of the course depends on a sufficient number of participants. The registration fee, and all other fees will be refunded in case the course will not open.
Your registration is valid after deposit of €500, which are part of the course fee. If the contract is withdrawn up to 60 days before the beginning of the training, 70% of the course fee will be refunded after deduction of the deposit of €500. Up to 30 days before the beginning of the training, 30% of the course fee will be refunded after deduction of the deposit of €500. After that the participant has no right to a refund. A withdrawal from the contract must be notified in writing.