Kundalini Yoga Journey Morocco
2 – 9 October 2019
A Kundalini Yoga journey to the deep south of Morocco, along the road of 1000 kasbahs to the Sahara desert
Theme: Kundalini Yoga & discovery of Marrakech and the Sahara desert
Date: 2 – 9 October 2019 (8 days / 7 nights)
Location: Marrakesh, old Caravan route & Sahara desert
Teachers: Marieke de Lange & Tim Schipper
Official Partner: Maroc Travel Agency
Price: 990 euro
Including accommodation (sharing base/ single room occupation for 110 euro extra), food & drinks in the desert and Kundalini Yoga classes/ personal guidance. Excluding flights, food and beverage in Marrakech.
Discover mystical Morocco while making an inner journey with a daily Kundalini Yoga practice. Tim & Marieke will take you on a beautiful journey from the city of the 7 saints, Marrakech, along the old (camel) caravan route to the deep south: the Sahara desert!
We will start our journey in Marrakech with a welcoming diner on the first evening. Depending on your arrival time you can wander around in the old city of Marrakech, visit a local hammam and enjoy the Arabic atmosphere together. The next morning we get up early to practice Kundalini Yoga at dawn. After breakfast we prepare ourselves for a magnificent trip, over the old caravan route, across the High Atlas Mountains. We'll visit ancient Kasbahs that were built by Sultans and Kings, drive through beautiful valleys, meditate along the way and sleep in comfortable hotels. We'll chill at the pool, relax, go for walks, practice yoga and continue our trip to the south. We descend via an amazing pass with rugged rock formations, into the valley of the river Drâa with its thousands of palm trees. As we go further south the landscape changes and we'll arrive at our destination: the Sahara desert!
2 nights we will be in the sahara desert and this gives us the opportunity to experience the desert from sunrise till sunset, sleep under the stars and practice Kundalini Yoga together. From here we take it easy and make our way back to Marrakech; we'll make a stop overnight to fresh up in a lovely garden-hotel along the way. On the last day we will cross the High Atlas Mountains again, taking a shorter road which gives us enough rest to integrate all the new insights and experiences. Back in Marrakech we'll have our last meal as we look back on an amazing week together. The next morning we'll say goodbye and you fly back home. Or, you can extend your stay and enjoy Morocco longer if you like.
- Sahara desert: We travel along the old caravan routes from Marrakech to the Sahara desert.
- We will stay for 2 nights in Nomadic tents in the desert (with a possibility to spend the night under the stars if desired).
- Kundalini Yoga: whether you are an expert or just a beginner, you can join on the level that suits to you. Tim and Marieke will take care that everyone gets the experience that fits.
- Nature & Culture: the programme will be a perfect balance between city buzz, silence, nature & culture and a daily spiritual practice.
- Personal guidance through Kundalini Yoga will be provided by Tim & Marieke, two experienced Kundalini Yoga teachers.
Good to know
- In Marrakech we stay in a lovely Riad Hotel in the medina - the old walled city of Marrakech.
- On the road to the desert we stay in beautiful authentic 'Kasbah' style hotels.
- We will start the journey in Marrakech and end in Marrakech.
- A cook will be travelling with us. He will prepare simple and healthy meals with many fresh vegetables.
- We arrange an airport pick up service from the airport in Marrakech; also if you decide to arrive earlier.
- If you like to extend your stay we can help you with some suggestions for further traveling.