Cleansing Carrot Soup with a Thai Touch
This soup has a surprising exotic Thai taste through using lemon grass and the golden combination of curry and carrot. It doesn't only tast great but also has healing properties, it helps you to ground, it cleanses your body and fortifies your lungs. So if you have a cold, feeling tired or coughing a lot, then this is the soup for you!
Let us tell you more about the healing properties of the ingredients:
- Curcuma: anti-inflammatory, reduces pain in the joints
- Onions: reduces and fights infections, lowers cholesterol
- Ginger: warming and improves digestion, verwarmend en helpt bij goede spijsvertering, anti-inflammatory (natural anitbiotic), cleanses the lungs
- Garlic: works against inflammations and infections and free radicals. Can bring relieve in asthma
- Carrots: contain a lot of beta-Caroteen, which helps reduce the risks of lung cancer. Beta-Carotene is transformed into vitamine A which helps to reduce the impact of Asthma. Carrots support the cleansing of the blood and nourish the stomach and spleen (earth energy)
- Lemongrass: helps with the flue, colds, fever and bronchitis. Contains a lot of antioxidants and has an anitbacterial function, also effective for stomach and intestinal complaints.
- Bay leaf: is being used against bronchitis in traditional natural medicine
- Coriander: contains a high level of antioxidants, diuretic, traditionally also used to reduce fear and insomnia.
- Coconut products: anti-inflammation, reduces pain and fever, improves digestion, has a positive impact on the immune system through a strong anti viral, anti bacterial and antifungal properties. Last but not least it helps to improve skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatophytes (your skin is directly connected to your lungs)
- Red chilli pepper: keeps the respiratory tract open, helps to prevent sinusitis, anit-inflammatory
- Thyme: good for the lungs, in the olden days also used to relieve melancholie (lungs)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 1 ts of spicey curry
- 1 ts of curcuma (turmeric)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cm of ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 3 stalks of lemongrass
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small stalk of celery
- 1/2 red chilli pepper (or a whole one if you like spicey), remove the seeds, finely chopped
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 ts of dried thyme
- 3 big carrots or 8 smaller ones (around 500 gr) sliced into 1 cm.
- 100 gr creamed coconut or a can of coconutmilk
- 1 ltr of boiling water
- 1 handful of coriander, stems for in the soup, leaves for garnish
1. Remove the wooden like ends of the lemongrass and the outer harsh layer. Cut every stalk into three parts so that you can easily remove them from the soup later on.
2. Heat the coconut oil and first add the curcuma and the curry, stir for a few seconds to let the aromas release and then add the onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Allow to fry (keep stirring to prevent burning) on medium heat and after 5 minutes add the celery and the chilli pepper.
3. Add the carrots and a big pinch of himalayan salt and stir fry a few minutes.
4. In the meantime dissolve the creamed coconut in 1 liter of boiling water or if you use coconut milk (250 cl) then only use 750 cl. of water
5. Add the coconut water, the coriander stems, bay leafs and the thyme to the carrots and leave to simmer for at least 15 minutes.
6. When the carrots are soft remove the coriander stems, bay leafs and lemongrass stalks from the soup and blend with an immersion blender until the soup is creamy and smooth.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, freshly ground black pepper and serve a lemon slice on the soup.
More of these yummy recipes that get you healthy?
We are hosting an 22 Days Online Guided Detox program that you can start at any time that works for you. A great opportunity to deeply cleanse your body and mind with a delicious Vegan Detox Diet and a daily Kundalini Yoga practice with a gorgeous video. And of course many mouth watering Vegan Detox recipes will come your way!
Detox Sadhana - 22 Days of a Detox Diet and Kundalini Yoga
Help your body to rejuvenate, revitalize, gain health and strength with a thorough yet gentle and enjoyable Detox Program. Git rid of toxins and the negative side effects of stress. Participation in this 22 day programme will make you more conscious about your eating habits and will help you to move towards a healthy lifestyle.
We will guide you through the whole process step by step with daily guidance emails and online support through the community to make your Detox a succes!