Scrambled Eggs the Vegan Way
Sunday morning, time for scrambled tofu! Sorry? You mean scrambled eggs! No, scrambled tofu! A delicious alternative for the evergreen recipe of scrambled eggs, vegan, healthy and super satisfying.
Tofu is a great versatile food you can prepare in many ways and an invaluable source of protein for vegetarians and vegans. It contains essential amino acids, iron, calcium and many essential minerals to help keep your body healthy. In itself tofu does not have a strong taste so you can use herbs, spices and marinades to turn it into almost anything to add protein to your dish. In this recipe it is the main ingredient to substitute eggs.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 block of tofu (250 gr.)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 ts of turmeric
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- dash of smoked paprika powder
- dash of salt & pepper
- a nip of black soy sauce
- small hand of black or green olive, finely chopped
- 3 dried tomatoes, finely chopped, if you are using the dry version, let them soak for while first
1. Start with squeezing the water out of the tofu block. Easiest is to wrap it in a piece of cloth and put a heavy book on top and leave for about 20 minutes to get the water out.
2. Gently fry the onion and garlic until golden brown in some vegetable oil of your choice.
3. Mix the tomato paste with spices and soy sauce.
3. Add the tofu to the onion and garlic in the frying pan, crumbling it into ‘scrambled egg’ like pieces.
4. Stir through the spices/tomato mixture.
5. Fry for about 20 minutes, on medium heat. Keep stirring every now and then to avoid burning.
6. Finally add the olives and the dried tomato.
7. Serve with some toast if you like. Other great sides are stir fried spinach with a dash of soy sauce, white beans with fresh tomato sauce if you wanna go British and get extra protein. Or of course a nice fresh green salad with cherry tomatos, alfalfa and avocado.
More of these yummy recipes that get you healthy?
We are hosting an 22 Days Online Guided Spring Detox program that you can start at any time that works for you. A great opportunity to deeply cleanse your body and mind with a delicious Spring Detox Diet and a daily Kundalin Yoga practice with a gorgeous video. And of course many mouth watering Spring Detox recipes will come your way!
Spring Detox Sadhana – 22 Days of a Detox Diet and Kundalini Yoga
Help your body to rejuvenate, revitalize, gain health and strength with a thorough yet gentle and enjoyable Spring Detox Program. Git rid of toxins and the negative side effects of stress. Participation in this 22 day programme will make you more conscious about your eating habits and will help you to move towards a healthy lifestyle.
We will guide you through the whole process step by step with daily guidance emails and online support through the community to make your Spring Detox a succes!